Now that summer is upon us I’m always looking for new salad recipes. This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a spin-off of your traditional Greek salad and it’s really delicious.
It’s loaded with lots of goodies and has basically everything except the kitchen sink! The sun-dried tomatoes, mint, parsley, and chickpeas really take the flavour to the next level. The chickpeas add some good protein and I used a local goat Feta which added the perfect amount of saltiness.
This salad is perfect to bring to your next summer BBQ! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas drained and rinsed
1 cucumber diced
4 Roma tomatoes diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/2 red onion diced
250 grams of feta cheese crumbled or cubed
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped fine
1 can black olives (or your favourite olives) sliced
3 tbsp mint chopped
1/4 cup flat parsley chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic (I added 2 but love garlic)
1-2 lemon juiced (I used 2 as my lemons were small)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1. Make the dressing by placing the dressing ingredients in a container with a lid and shake up. Or use a blender to emulsify. Place the dressing in the fridge.
2. Chop all your veggies and place them in a bowl with your chopped parsley, mint, and chickpeas. I like to leave a little extra mint and parsley for using as a garnish at the end!
3. Pour dressing over the salad. You likely won’t need all the dressing. I added approx half and then mixed everything to see how it looked. Everyone has their own preference on how much dressing they like and I personally don’t like when it gets too soggy.
4. Add the cubed Feta and toss again.
5. Place the salad in the fridge until ready to serve. Remove and toss before serving. This is where I will add more dressing if it seems to need it.
6. Garnish with crumbled feta, parsley, and mint if you like.